Who can benefit from osteopathy?
Osteopathic Practitioners treat people of all ages and osteopathic treatment is tailored to meet the individual needs of each patient. Because osteopathic practitioners look at the ‘whole’ picture of human functioning, they also use a variety of approaches which acknowledge the many factors contributing to balance and health.
Osteopathic manual therapy can be effective for pain relief and increasing joint range of motion.
Additional benefits can include a deep sense of relaxation, reduced stress, and the ability to be more active with less pain.If you are experiencing pain or dysfunction, or want to take preventative measures to improve your health, osteopathy may help.
Osteopathic Practitioners may be able to help if you are experiencing problems such as*:
- Generalized aches and pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain
- Arthritic pain
- General, acute, & chronic back pain and tension
- Frozen shoulder/ shoulder and elbow pain/ tennis elbow
- Sleep or energy issues
- Sports injuries
- Injuries from car accidents
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Post-operative pain
- Joint or muscle pain
- Digestive, respiratory or menstrual problems
- Pre- and postnatal discomfort
- Jaw dysfunction
- Muscle spasms
- Minor sports injuries and tensions
- Inability to relax
*Osteopathic practitioners are not medically trained and do not diagnose medical conditions. Any information provided by an osteopathic practitioner is not intended to replace medical advice. Osteopathy is not a replacement for medical diagnosis and treatment.